Soup for the soul
TACO SOUP/CHILI ((((( Press Here to Print )))))
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE LAZIEST WAY TO MAKE CHILI/SOUP EVER!
The hardest part of making this soup is finding all the cans of stuffs at the grocery store.
I'm Sure there will be some true Chili Enthsiasts that will "Cringe" at the thought of making
something from "Cans", but - there's always "another way". . . . . And This is the way .....
Just open everything up, dump it into a big ''Pasta Pot'' pot and let simmer
Makes a "Large amount" - about what quantities should serve 8-10 People.
Fills 2/3 of a 12 QUART
Serves 8-10 People easy
2.5 lbs. of ground meat
2 cans of tomato sauce
1 cans of rotel tomatoes
(Mild or Spicy Hot)
1 cans of black beans
1 cans of white corn
1 cans of kidney beans
1 cans of pinto beans
1 Can of beef broth
2 Envelopes of taco seasoning
2 Envelopes of onion soup mix
(2 Envelopes are in a box)
Makes a VERY LARGE
Serves about 16-18 or more
5 lbs. of ground meat
4 cans of tomato sauce
2 cans of rotel tomatoes
(Mild or Spicy Hot)
2 cans of black beans
2 cans of white corn
2 cans of kidney beans
2 cans of pinto beans
2 cans of beef broth
4 Envelopes of taco seasoning
4 Envelopes of onion soup mix
( Two boxes of 2 Envelopes ea )
- Brown ground meat, drain well and place back in skillet
- Add onion soup mix, taco seasoning and beef broth
- bring to a boil, mix well, make sure the powders are dissolved
- add tomato sauce
- in the same strainer you used to drain the ground meat, start pouring the cans in of each of the remaining items
drain all of them. as the strainer fills, add the items into the ground meat mixture. continue to add unti
all of the cans are emptied and drained.
- FOR A THICKER CHILI LIKE CONSISTENCY DRAIN. CANS OF LIQUID
- FOR A THINNER/SOUPY CONSISTENCY DO NOT DRAIN THE CANS
Serve warm in large bowl with toppings
You can use toppings such as black olives, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, etc.
Goes great with Tostita Bite Sized Chips